Announcement message

Previous projects:
1. Exploring Taipei's eats during my last Taipei trip
2. The "One new dish a day!" project and my review.

Monday, January 3, 2011

Seared scallops and shrimps with fruit salsa 干貝,蝦和水果沙拉

Seared scallops and shrimps with fruit salsa 干貝,蝦和水果沙拉
This dish was inspired by a recipe "Seared Scallops with Fiery Fruit Salsa" in The Culinary Institute of America's "Gourmet Meals in Minutes" P. 214.
I seared the scallops and shrimps exactly as described in the recipe. However, for the salsa, I replaced the fruits with the ones on hand - kiwis, oranges and pomegranate; and skipped the red pepper and the onion. I used the following ingredients for the fruit salsa:
  1. Kiwis, 4
  2. Oranges, 2
  3. Pomegranate, 1
  4. Cilantro, chopped, 1 tablespoon
  5. Lemon juice, 1/2 tablespoon
  6. White wine vinegar, 1/2 tablespoon
  7. Extra virgin oil, 1/2 teaspoon
  8. Salt, 1/8 teaspoon
  9. Black pepper, freshly ground, some

No comments:

Post a Comment