- Hodgson Mill Vital Wheat Gluten, 1 package plus more, About 1.5 cups
- Mori-Nu Tofu, soft, packaged in a carton box - 12 ounce
- Shiitake mushrooms, shredded, 1/3 cup
- Bamboo shoots, shredded, 1/3 cup
- Carrots, shredded, 1/3 cup
- Cilantro, shredded, some
- Water, 1 cup
- Mix all ingredients except gluten first
- Mix gluten flour in and knead with a spatula until smooth
- Rest the gluten dough in the refrigerator overnight
- Make gluten dough into balls or patties
- Fry each about 4-6 minutes.
Caution: This is a dish extremely rich in protein content, since each teaspoon of the vital gluten contains 8 grams of protein. We have to be careful not to eat too much.