Announcement message

Previous projects:
1. Exploring Taipei's eats during my last Taipei trip
2. The "One new dish a day!" project and my review.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

素蘿蔔糕 - 我做的年菜 (七) Steamed vegetarian radish rice cake - One of the dishes I made for celebrating the new year (7)

DSC08616
After I made one steamed radish rice cake, sausage-flavored (臘味蘿蔔糕), I have to make its vegetarian version for my dad and my brother. I followed the same recipe with the following exceptions:
  1. I replaced dried shrimps with dry pickled radishes and Chinese sausages with bean curd sheets;
  2. I skipped fried shallots;
  3. I used up all radishes on hand which was definitely (about 60-80% ) more than I had put in the non-vegetarian version.
The feedback from family and friends was that my vegetarian version was perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment