Announcement message

Previous projects:
1. Exploring Taipei's eats during my last Taipei trip
2. The "One new dish a day!" project and my review.

Friday, February 11, 2011

十香菜 - 我做的年菜 (二) Ten-ingredient mixed vegetables - One of the dishes I made for celebrating the new year (2)

十香菜
This is a dish that I would make before the Chinese New Year celebration every year. Sometimes I would make it in large quantity so that I may share it with family and friends. Although the name of this dish is "Ten-ingredient mixed vegetables", you don't have to use exactly ten kinds of vegetables in this dish. You may also use any vegetables to your liking. The 11 ingredients I used this year are as follows.
  • 豆腐乾 Dry tofu
  • 白菜 Nappa cabbage
  • 紅蘿蔔 Carrots
  • 香菇 Dry shiitake mushrooms
  • 木耳 A kind of edible tree fungus
  • 蓮子 Lotus seeds
  • 紅棗 Red dates
  • 百合 Lily bulbs
  • 芥菜雪裡紅 Pickled gai choy
  • 筍絲 Bamboo shoots
  • 金針 Daylilies
I cooked each ingredient separately and then mixed all of them together. Making this dish is very time-consuming since you are in fact cooking 10, more or less, dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment