Announcement message

Previous projects:
1. Exploring Taipei's eats during my last Taipei trip
2. The "One new dish a day!" project and my review.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Mushrooms and Chinese cabbage stew 香菇燉白菜

Mushrooms and Chinese cabbage stew 香菇燉白菜 - very delicious!
Mushrooms and Chinese cabbage stew 香菇燉白菜
As the soup base for this dish, I used the vegetable broth that I had made from several kinds of vegetables . I cooked this dish for 30 minutes and thickened the liquid with some corn starch. I could have added some milk and sugar and turn this dish into a creaming cabbage stew (奶油白菜).

Shredded dry tofu salad 拌干絲
拌干絲
I boiled each ingredients in water briefly before mixing them with salt and sesame oil. I added some cilantro to give this dish a more sophisticated taste.

Cauliflower florets sauteed with shallots and garlic 炒菜花 - a makeover from yesterday's dish.
Sauteed Cauliflower florets sauteed with shallots and garlic 炒菜花
Today, I cooked the cauliflower florets, which had been already cooked, however, not softened enough yet, for about another 20 minutes. The flavor of shallots and garlic finally soaked into the florets.

No comments:

Post a Comment