- Miso, 2 Tablespoon
- Shaoxing wine, 1/2 cup
- Sea bass steak,one piece
- Green onions,3
- Ginger, 6 slices
- Sugar, some, optional
- A celery stalk or a couple cabbage leaves (optional)
- Water, 1/4 cup (skip this, if you choose the oven method)
Stove top method
- Mix miso with wine to form a thick paste and apply the paste on both sides of the fish steak. Optionally you may sprinkle some sugar over the fish.
- Put the fish steak (on top of a celery stalk or a couple cabbage leaves, if you choose to,) in a stainless steel pot with a cover. Spread the green onions and ginger slices evenly over the fish steak. Add the water to the pot (not directly over the fish).
- Cover and bring to a boil. Turn the heat a little lower and cook for 15 minutes. Don't let the water dry up; add more water, if needed.
This is a worry-free method. That is, you don't have to worry about fish burning on the stove top. However it takes a little longer to cook the fish.
- Follow the first two steps of the "stove top method", but skip the water.
- Put the covered pot in an oven and bake at 450°F for 25 minutes.