Announcement message

Previous projects:
1. Exploring Taipei's eats during my last Taipei trip
2. The "One new dish a day!" project and my review.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

A vegetarian Thanksgiving dinner 感恩節素席

In the past I had always roasted a turkey on Thanksgiving day each year. I didn't roast a turkey this year, since my elder son didn't come home to celebrate Thanksgiving with us. Instead I prepared a vegetarian Thanksgiving feast for just three of us - my husband, my younger son and myself. The feast included Tofurky roast and gravy, stuffing, green beans, Brussels sprouts , sweet potatoes, white rice, vegetarian fried rice and taro walnut bread. The dinner was very satisfying.
Our first vegetarian Thanksgiving feast!

Tofurky roast is unexpectedly delicious! My husband, who doesn't want to become a vegetarian yet, declared that he could have Tofurky roast, instead of turkey, on Thanksgiving in the future.
Tofurky roast

Chestnut stuffing - was based on a Martha Stewart recipe. This was a great way to use up my stash of frozen breads. I also used the vegetable broth that I had made yesterday in this stuffing.
Chestnut stuffing

Green beans with walnuts was based on a recipe in the "The Culinary Institute of America's Gourmet Meals in Minutes", p. 287. I overcooked the green beans a bit.
Green beans with walnuts

Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin - a Trader Joe's product.
Brussels Sprouts Au Gratin

Taro walnut bread 芋頭核桃蛋糕
Taro walnut bread 芋頭核桃蛋糕

No comments:

Post a Comment