- King Oyster Mushrooms, cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick slices
- Soy sauce or milk with salt and pepper
- All purpose flour
- Egg, 2, beaten and mixed with equal volume of water
- Panko bread crumbs
- Soak mushrooms in soy sauce or milk for a few minutes;
- Dip the mushrooms in flour, then, in egg/water mixture, and, last, in the Panko bread crumbs; the breaded mushroom slices may be prepared a day ahead and refrigerated until ready to fry;
- Fry the breaded mushroom slices in hot oil for 4-5 minutes and serve immediately.