Announcement message

Previous projects:
1. Exploring Taipei's eats during my last Taipei trip
2. The "One new dish a day!" project and my review.

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Vegetable broth 蔬菜鮮湯

I have made this vegetable broth a couple times in the past week based on a recipe on page 20 of "The Culinary Institute of America Book of Soups". It is very delicious. I used it in my vegetarian dishes to enhance their flavors. I also served it as soup at our dinner table and the meat-eater in our house would ask for a second bowl. Not wasting anything, I ate the vegetables which were still tasty afterwards and a good source of fibers.

Ingredients for the vegetable broth 蔬菜鮮湯材料:
Ingredients for a vegetable broth 蔬菜湯材料
The above picture shows what I used to make the broth; however, doesn't show how much I used. I used more broccoli stems (about 1 cup) than shown in this picture. For 3 liters of broth, I used 2 teaspoonfuls of thyme, 5 peppercorns, 1 bay leaf and 1/2 cup of wine. If you have any questions, please refer to the original recipe or ask me via a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment