Announcement message

Previous projects:
1. Exploring Taipei's eats during my last Taipei trip
2. The "One new dish a day!" project and my review.

Sunday, November 27, 2011

椰汁咖哩南瓜 Butternut squash braised with coconut milk and curry


This dish. based on a Mark Bittman recipe, is extremely delicious. This time I chose to use a can of organic coconut milk from Trader Joe's - 50 calories per 2 tablespoons. I could see a thick layer of oil on the top. Imagine that it is all saturated oil. How terribly unhealthy! Of course, I removed as much oil as possible, however, only after gobbling down one cup of the squash. Next time I will use light coconut milk for this dish or try a version without coconut milk and curry at all.

Ingredients:
Butternut squash, 3 pounds, cut up into about 0.5 to 1 inch cubes
Corn oil, 6 Tbsp
Garlic, chopped, 2 Tbsp
Ginger, sliced, 2 Tbsp
Curry powder, 4 Tbsp
Coconut milk, about 2 cups, I used a can of 14 fluid ounces

Directions:
Sautee garlic, ginger, curry powder in oil;
Add butternut squash and coconut milk;
Cover and braise until butternut squash becomes tender, about 15 minutes;

No comments:

Post a Comment