- 8 oz of Gluten dough 烤麩, cut into 36 small pieces
- Some dry Shitake mushrooms, re-hydrated, sliced
- Bamboo shoots, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- Some mu-er, a kind of dry fungus, re-hydrated
- Some dry lily bulbs (百合), re-hydrated
- Some dry lily flower (金針), re-hydrated
- Some Shanghai bok choy
- Stir-fry gluten dough in oil until all surfaces become golden;
- Sauté Shitake mushrooms , bamboo shoots, lily flowers, carrots and mu-er in oil until aroma comes out;
- Mix gluten dough and lily bulbs in and add soy sauce, sugar, and the water from soaking the Shitake mushrooms;
- Continue to cook for 20 minutes; stir occasionally; add more water if necessary;
- Mix the Shanghai bok choy in and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add some sesame oil and mix well.