Announcement message

Previous projects:
1. Exploring Taipei's eats during my last Taipei trip
2. The "One new dish a day!" project and my review.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Sweet potato nut bread 甜薯核桃蛋糕

Sweet potato nut bread 甜薯核桃蛋糕 Sweet potato nut bread 甜薯核桃蛋糕
I have been looking for simple, healthy, and delicious breakfast ideas for my youngest son so that he may stop buying breakfast every morning and start to save. I found this Mark Bittman's vegetable-and-nut bread recipe and thought it was a good idea to try. I followed Bittman's directions almost exactly, except that I added more sweet potato. The recipe called for one cup of sweet potato. However I used a sweet potato of a size of two cups, about 4 cups after being shredded. The bread turned out very delicious indeed! My husband thought it was the most delicious bread I'd ever made - even better than my "perfect" banana bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment