This red bean pancake is very delicious! I'd say it is as delicious as the popular 豆沙鍋餅from郁坊. It all started because I found one can of red bean paste that I had bought quite a long time ago. I wanted to use up the red bean paste. I searched and found one banana pancakes recipe from the internet and replaced the banana with the red bean paste. Here's the recipe:
Ingredients: Make 12-13 pancakes
- All-purpose flour, 1 cup
- Sugar, 1 tablespoon
- Baking powder, 2 teaspoons
- Salt, 1/4 teaspoon
- Egg, beaten, 1
- Milk, 1 cup
- Oil, 2 tablespoons
- Red bean paste, 2 cups (or 1 can)
- Combine all the dry ingredients - flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, and mix well. In a separate bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients - egg, milk, vegetable oil and red bean paste.
- Stir dry ingredients into liquid ingredients.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan. Pour 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake. With a 12-inch frying pan, you may make 3 pancakes at a time. Cook about 2-3 minutes on one side. Turn over. Add more oil, if needed. Cook the other side for 2-3 minutes. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides.
- Serve hot.