- Hard-boiled eggs, with shells removed
- The gravy reserved from the dish "Braised mushrooms and bamboo shoots"
- Heat the gravy until it boils;
- Add the hard-boiled eggs and continue to heat until it boils again;
- Cover and turn off the heat;
- Soak the eggs in the gravy until the flavor gets inside the eggs, about a day. If the gravy is not enough to cover all the eggs, rearrange the eggs a few times during the soaking period so that all sides of each egg will be well soaked in the gravy for some time.