Made on August 10, 2010
Chinese mustard greens are also called Gai Choy.
Ingredients: The amount of each ingredient is flexible and up to personal preference.
- Pickled Gai Choy, prepared based on the recipe at http://cheffu2.blogspot.com/2010/08/pickled-gai-choy-or-chinese-mustard.html
- Portobella mushrooms, sliced
- Dried bean threads, soaked in cold water for 15 minutes until soft and ready to use
- Fresh Gai Ghoy, the tender part at the center
Cook each ingredient separately as follows.
- Saute the pickled Gai Choy in oil until it turns soft and a little brownish; and add some sugar to taste.
- Saute the mushrooms in oil until soft and add some salt and sugar to taste. Save the liquid for next step braising the dried bean threads
- Braise the dried bean threads in water, the mushroom liquid, soy sauce and sugar for 5 minutes.
- Add the fresh Gai Choy to the dried bean threads and continue to braise for 2 minutes.
- Mix all ingredients.