Announcement message

Previous projects:
1. Exploring Taipei's eats during my last Taipei trip
2. The "One new dish a day!" project and my review.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Salad of crab and avocado

Crab and avacado salad
Based on a recipe in the "The Culinary Institute of America's Gourmet Meals in Minutes", p. 42.

This dish is not that rich after all. Each cup, the way I made it today, has only about 125 calories or 2.5 Weight Watcher points. The creaming taste came mainly from the avocado. Of course, the one-teaspoonful of sour cream helped a bit, even though it was mainly for garnish.

I omitted the cilantro called for in the recipe, simply because I didn't have it on hand. However I didn't arrive at the decision of leaving out the cilantro lightly. I had searched the internet for substitution of cilantro and found out that some people simply omitted it. I thought it was a good idea to do so since it was too rush for me to shop for cilantro any way this afternoon. Leaving out the cilantro turned out to be a fortunate move on my part since I found out later that some of my friends didn't eat anything with cilantro in.

No comments:

Post a Comment